A Place for New Photographers and Those Wanting to Learn the Basics

I bought my first and only DSLR in September 2007 and have been a very keen enthusiast ever since. I usually go out walking and taking photographs at least once a week and try to post regularly on my blog 'Let Me Show You What I See'. I feel that I need a new project so I decided to start this new blog to pass on what I have learnt in the last three years to anyone just starting out in photography or wanting to know a bit more about how to use their photography equipment. I still consider myself to be little more than a practiced beginner so it's going to be at a fairly basic level but hopefully understandable to anyone who is starting out with thir first camera or struggling with their equipment or technique.

I have been contemplating what strategy to follow with the order of topics to cover because I'm wanting to keep each post quite short and gradually build up into a useful resource. In the end I decided to start with a post about taking your first photos and then see where the subsequent posts take me. I will number the posts based on the order I first write then and I might go back and update them with extra information or links to other posts as I progress through the subject matter. I will try to make the content generic so the make and model of you camera isn't relevant and hopefully useful for either DSLR, compact or point and shoot cameras.

If anyone has any specific questions they would like me to answer, please send me an email or put the questions in a comment. I can't guarantee the accuracy of the answers I provide or anything else I post as I only know what I know. I may express opinions with which people may disagree but they are just my opinions and I am happy for people to disagree. I am hoping to learn from this blog myself as I expect to have a need to read things from my camera manual and search for information on the internet as I cover subjects. I am also hoping that the experience will improve my own photography technique as I produce images for inclusion in the blog to illustrate the specific subject.

Tuesday 16 August 2011

T


H


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate you for posting such a wonderful post. The best prime lens to start out with is a piece of professional camera equipment that will offer you a focal length from 35mm to 85mm.

    Jib camera crane

    ReplyDelete